Monday, April 27, 2009

Sad.....So Sad......

Makayla and I went to the Stake meeting. We were informed that we are no longer in the 11th Ward. I tried not to cry, but Makayla started crying instantly. Then people start saying how sad and I lose it. This is a major change in our life. This ward is the only ward that I have attended since reactivating and it is also the only ward that my kids have attended. They know us and know our history and we love all of the members so much. I know that it will be okay but I am so sad right now. It is very difficult to get my head around because it is like we have moved and have to attend a different ward but in fact we are still in the same home and still looking at the neighbors homes that we will no longer be attending church with.
Makayla is the only youth that is being moved so she is so upset. She hates change so intensely. It stems back to the separation syndrome that she has from back when she was a baby and was separated from her mother. She rarely changes things or the way that she does thing.
Even though this ward is in our stake, we do not know anyone from that ward even by name only. I will try to be strong for Makayla and I keep telling her that we will be okay.
Okay I hope I did not bore you with my sadness but I just needed to vent. Everyone have a great week. bye now.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh dear. That is so hard. I'm so sorry! Poor Makayla. I'm sure she'll fit in right away though, as will you. You are both such wonderful people, everyone will love you! I'm sorry though, that is stressful and just not comfortable. Love you guys- we'll be seein ya on the pulpit! :)

Bobi... said...

Changing wards is really hard, but you have nothing to worry about- you guys are awesome! You know, everything happens for a reason and there will be something really great that will come from this. Best of luck with the transition... they're gonna love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Patty and MaKayla. I can't imagine being in the same ward for all that time and then having it changed. It's like taking your family away from you. And MaKayla being the only youth that is moved, how sad for her. Your new ward will be so blessed to have you. You are so amazing and Christlike and the boys will be very excited for Makayla. = )

Shanna Foster said...

That is so crazy. I bet the ward is sad to see you guys leave as well. Hopefully Makayla will adjust quickly.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I am so sorry you have to change wards and start all over. I remember when Danielle moved in highschool to the coast and her life was over. BUT- in the end, she loved that ward so much better, the girls were so loving to her, and the girls in our home ward weren't really that nice. Same with school- it turned out to be such a positive experience. This might be happening because of a girl or boy that Makayala needs to meet, or get away from in your home ward- and a best friend might be in this other ward waiting for you. But there is a reason behind it. It's just so hard to think that way right now, -

Jenn said...

That is so hard! You are such a wonderful and fun person, I am sure that you will meet and connect with people in no time. Love ya!

K. Nicoll said...

So sorry to hear about your change in wards. These things make us stronger in a few months/years if we can just make it through them. My heart goes out to you and Makayla.