Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cancer update..

We went to the doctor yesterday and the exact words of the doctor are
"It is a cancer that you can live with but will not die from" This is really all I needed to hear to make me feel better. Paul has low grade b cell lymphoma. He will going thru some staging to find out what stage the cancer is at starting with his first test next Tuesday with a PET body scan. If they find nothing in that test then they will be doing a bone marrow biopsy. If he has gone past stage four it is not curable but managable. If it is still in stage one it can be cured. We will keep you informed as we find out more information and as the tests proceed. We felt very relieved after our visit with Dr Shull yesterday and much more informed as to what Paul would be going thru. Thanks again for all the phone calls and prayers. Love you. bye now.

3 comments:

Amylee said...

We were so relieved to hear the update from Janet last night. We'll keep your family in our prayers- we just need another miracle like what happened with Clayton, something cureable.

Brittany Celeste said...

I haven't been reading blogs lately so I missed your last post about Christmas and Paul, but it is good to read your update that it is not the most serious kind of cancer. Cancer is just a scary word in and of itself. I will keep your family in my prayers as well. On a lighter note, I almost didn't recognize you in your family photo with all that blond hair! You look great; I hope you're hanging in there.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I am so relieved to hear that you can't die from it. I hope and pray it is curable. We have been praying for Paul and your whole family in our evening prayers. Take care.