Saturday, March 14, 2009

Latest News...

Well I have been slow about blogging lately. I love to read all of your blogs. Paul has completed his radiation treatments. He lost the hair on the top right side of his head. He has been very tired. The doctor said that these would be the two things that happened to him. It has not stopped him at all though. He is always working or on the move doing something. We are very thankful that all has gone so well. He checks back with the oncologist in 30 days to see if all of the cancer is gone. Then checkups every three months for the next two years. We just purchased a new tv to have mounted on the wall in the front room. It is really nice to watch a movie, just like our own theatre. We just watched Australia on Sunday of last week and I lovvvvvved the movie. Hugh Jackman is a fine specimen. I loved the little boy he was so sincere and intense. In fact I loved all of the characters in the movie. I would highly recommend the movie but be sure to have three hours of time.
Right now I am hooked on the sound track from Mama Mia and am constantly singing the songs. I think Makayla is getting sick of it but she has not said to stop yet.
Makayla started drivers ed this week and has her first drive on Tuesday. Just a warning is case you do not want to be on the road or sidewalk. Actually I thing she will do a great job. Paul has had her driving when we went camping this last Summer to give her some idea of how it is done.
I joined Weight Watchers about 5 weeks ago so that I could get a handle on my weight. I have been able to lose 12 1/2 lbs so far. It really helps when I have to go weigh in and listen to the lectures that are given each week. I will always have to be conscious of watching what I eat. It has also gotten me back on exercising regularly. Which is 90% of why I have gained weight lately(because I was not exercising).
Well everyone have a great week. Do not forget to wear your green on St Patrick's Day, unless you want to get pinched. bye now.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

You make me laugh. "Hugh Jackman is a fine specimen". I'm glad you mentioned St. Patricks day! I would've forgotten to wear green I think! Love you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I totally forgot about St Patricks day! I'm glad that paul is doing good, and is still working and keeping busy. danielle mentioned you guys got a new tv, and that clay picked it out! ha. That's cool they got your old tv, danielle said it is nice quality too. I don't look forward to the days of exersizing, i know it will come after babies, it has for my sisters and mom. I hate exersizing, that's really great that you are motivated enough to do it! Good job.

Bobi... said...

My kids have been reminding me about wearing green for the last couple of days. (Especially Kyler since I forgot to send him to school in anything green last year!) I wasn't sure what I thought of the previews for Australia but I know you have great taste so I guess I'll have to watch it now. Could you send me some of your motivation please Patty! I can't seem to find any!

Lizzie said...

I'm with Danielle on the "Hugh Jackman is a fine speciman". I wonder what that was code for....hmmm.... = )

I am so happy for you both that the radiation went like it did and that Paul has been able to keep going. It's amazing.

I forgot about St. Patricks day too.

Lizzie said...

I forgot the most important thing...congratulations on your weight loss!!! Holy smokes, you are amazing to do that while everything is going on around you lately. I am soooo happy for you. I loved weight watchers. I did it faithfully after I had Tanner up until I got pregnant with Kate ( I always gain 50 pounds with each kid). Take care!

Brittany Celeste said...

It's good to hear from you again and that your family is doing well! Yeah cancer treatments and Weight Watchers!! I can't believe that Makayla is already starting drivers ed. I remember when Steven and I used to teach her in primary; boy, the time gets away from us. We finally rented Australia last week too and you are right, Hugh is a fine speciman!!!

I am excited for the weather to warm up so I can start walking again with both my babies, once the second one arrives; 2.5 weeks!!