Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crazy Days

We had such a lovely Easter. Church meetings were awesome. I really enjoyed Gabby's visit with us. She is really getting to be such a big girl, no little girl anymore. We had lots of fun on Saturday with all of the girls watching movies and eating popcorn and other treats. Then they played cheerleader and just hav ing a great time giggling and playing together. It was so much fun.
We have good news concerning Clayton's health. He has been diagnosed with Lyme disease. I know this does not sound good but up to this point for at least 3-4 years we were unable to find out what was causing him to be in so much pain. Lyme disease is curable. we had prayed and fasted as a family and our prayers have been answered. We are so thankful.
We had some really sad news today. Our wonderful dog Macey got really sick and I took her to the vet and she is very ill. She has liver cancer. I could hardly believe the doctor when he called me after I had left macey so they could run tests on her. She will not be coming home today. We had to make the difficult decision to put her to sleep today. I can hardly stop the crying. She is such a big part of our family. We feel so safe with her around keeping an eye on us. I felt so bad for our kids and all of the neices and nephews that love her and love to play with macey. I am sure that we will feel really lost for quite awhile. We were very fortunate to have such a great pet.
Well I have to be going now. bye now.

2 comments:

Amylee said...

I'm so sorry about your dog, Macey. It is hard to lose a pet. I still really miss our dog Ozzy that was hit by a car a year ago. However, the news about Clayton is so wonderful! I can't even imagine the relief knowing what is actually the matter.

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey Gabby had lots of fun and she is still talking about it. thanks for taking her. The kids were really sad to hear about Macey, MAX was worried if you and Paul were crying, it was really sweet. I am sure I will talk to you today sometime. I want to come down again soon. Love you,
Susan