Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday...

Well what a week. I received my new calling this morning. I am going to be the new ward activity leader. I have really been enjoying my exercise class and looking forward to the next class. We played Killer Bunnies with Clayton and Danielle and that game is so busy. There are about 20 different things going on at the same time and Paul and I decided that in order to win the game you must be as ruthless as possible. There are not a lot of good things going on. Got some bad news today my Uncle David passed away this morning at the young age of 62. He had a horrible disease that took away his capability of taking care of himself. In fact the only thing he could do is talk and even that was going. It is a blessing but so sad at the same time because he was so young. We had been talking about him last night with my parents and discussing how we did not remember him being sick a day in his life and that he was such a great athlete. I am sure that we will going down to the funeral in Salt Lake City sometime this week. I have been talking to Susan and Paige is sick with RSV. They have already made 4 trips to the hospital. I feel so bad for her. Her life is quite a challenge with her kids constantly catching or having such serious things wrong with them. Well hopefully every thing will start going better this week for the family and we will all be able to travel safely to the funeral. bye now.

3 comments:

mandijwaters said...

I am sorry to hear about David. I think that we will be going to the funeral as well. It's also sad news about President Hinkley. Just a sad day all around I suppose. And poor Paige... those guys are ALWAYS sick. I will talk to ya soon.

Love ya,
mandi

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Hey Patty,
Sounds like you had fun with Clayton and Danielle. I am trying to hold Paige and type at the same time, not easy. There is so much pressure behind her coughs that she farts everytime. anyway got to go she won't stop crying.
love ya
susan

Amylee said...

It has been so shocking to hear of both David and Pres. Hinckley passing. I feel happy that they are in a better place, but that still doesn't change the fact that we will miss them terribly. The one good thing about funerals is that it brings family together. We'll see you on Saturday. Travel safely!
Love,
Amy