Wednesday, May 21, 2008

kitchen stuff.

Well it has been a rather busy week. We have been trying to rip up the kitchen floor and it will not come up. We went to Home depot and bought this can of stuff that was supposed to lift the stuff on the floor and all it did was make Paul more frustrated and angry. we decided that we would put down a new floor instead of trying to refinish the kitchen floor. It was not a hardwood floor anyway. We found some flooring that we both like and bought it from Home Depot and had Amanda pick it up and deliver it to our house. We thought it would be a good idea to give the sales to Leif for the bigger things. I started taking everything down off of the walls in the kitchen and loading up the things that I do not use very much. I set up some shelves in the basement and I am putting my small appliances and big dishes downstairs until the kitchen is completed. Amanda has been at the house the last few days with McKinley. She is so busy and talks a mile a minute. It has been lots of fun. We will be ripping the kitchen wall out this weekend since we are staying in town. I can hardly wait for the mess.....just kidding. It will be wonderful to get the kitchen all done. I am so excited. I am reading a new series which so far has been very good. The story starts in the preexistence and ends with the end of the world. I am just at the point where the characters have come to earth and satan is going after them because of what they did to him in the preexistence. I have the 1st three books and I think that I will end up with the whole series. It is written by Chris Stewart and called The Great and Terrible. A pretty good read that really gets you thinking about the life that you are living and the time that we live in. I will let you know as I read them. Well I had better be getting ready for bed. bye now.

2 comments:

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Sounds like your kitchen is coming along at least the getting the materials part. Glad you are having fun with Amanda and McKinley. Have a good weekend and we will see you next weekend.

Danielle said...

Wow- I'm excited to see everything all torn apart! How irritating. I hope it gets done soon so you don't have to deal with a big mess for long. See you tomorrow! Love you!