Sunday, May 18, 2008

Update!





I forgot to mention that last Sunday that my best friend from High School dropped by and we had a short sweet visit. It was so great to talk to Lynn and see her. I had not seen her for about 12 years. Thanks so much for getting hold of her Cheryl.
Paul Clayton Danielle Makayla and I all went to see the movie Narnia on Friday night. I loved the movie. It was so true to the actual story and I loved Prince Caspian. I thought the end was sad. I would recommend that movie to all to see.
Paul and I had a very busy week. We have started the demolition on our kitchen. We started by ripping up the old layers of linoleum from our dining room. There is a hard wood floor under which we will be refinishing. We scraped for about 15 hours. It was very hard and hurt the back and the knees and the hands. Paul then had to go up into the attic and get all of the insulation moved off of the old electrical work so that we will be able to work on putting in new electrical wiring. We are installing new lights and a few more outlets. While Paul was moving insulation I was sewing a new canopy for our swing in the backyard. Danielle and I picked out the material on Saturday. I was very happy with the way it turned out. I love to sit in the backyard but I cannot sit in the sun so I was happy to get it finished. We also had card club this weekend and make a real cute tag and a really pretty card. I enjoyed the projects because they were easy and looked great when finished.
We went to the Seusical that Makayla was in Monday and it was great. It was funny and very colorful. The kids did a great job of singing and acting. We really enjoyed ourselves. All of the kids had really bright colored costumes.
I had a very busy and productive week. I hope we can get as much done this week on the kitchen. Well I better be going. bye now.

1 comment:

Susan, Blain & kids said...

Well it sounds like you were very busy this weekend. I cannot wait to see The new Narnia movie it looks soooo good. your Kitchen is coming along good luck with that. The show that Makayla did looks so cute. Well I hope to see you soon. I hope that you have a great week.
Love you